Only Time - Enya

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pride & Prejudice

Don't ask me why I still awake in this moment, as most of my friends know, this is my nature for being awake before the dawn. =)

Just finished an old movie - 'Pride & Prejudice' from pps tv. Honestly, I can't stop myself from writing this post despite of my bedtime. It does make sense if you think I'm silly from doing this way but I believe everybody will do so when they explored something good. I just cannot wait for even a minute to share, haha~ Ok, enough for my long useless speech and let me start the plot of 'Pride & Prejudice' =P



This story is based on Jane Austen's novel about five sisters. This is a humorous story of love and life among English gentility during the Georgian era. Mr Bennet is an english gentleman who live in Hartfodshire with his overbearing wife. The five daughters with different characters are staying with them too. Mdm Bennet is always think of her daughter's marriage and always busy on their sociality. Nevertheless, the second daughter - Elizabeth is not agree with what her mother did since she is stubborn and clever enough to has her own view.

However, the appearance of Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley have turned their life upside down. Love is soon in the air for Jane and Mr Bingley while Elizabeth has jumped to a hasty prejudgment towards Mr Darcy. Elizabeth ever thought that Mr Darcy is a proud, unpleasant sort fellow at the very beginning but at last she found she was misjudged him, and finally, falling in love with Mr Darcy.

Well, you may feel that this is a damn boring script from my plot briefing but actually and absolutely, it is not. Since the background timing for this tale is the late 18th century, the love and values unfolds in the class-conscious England at that time. Observably, the gap between rich and poor is so deeply rooting in the people's thought and it is very hard to waive this kind of mindset particularly. Nevertheless, everyone has their own view towards marriage, some one is bravely looking for true love but somebody else may only pursue for a peaceful life. It is very depending on their personalities. Whatsoever, the conversation throughout the movie is highly attracted my sight cos they will using lots of beautiful wording, indirectly and depress to show their emotions. Such a great fun for me to guess and enjoy their speech in between ^^

Overall, a marvellous movie indeed, if you love literature much. Below are some sentences I quoted from 'Pride & Prejudice', which I found it deserved to be record, enjoy~^^

- My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever.
- When you have 5 daughters, tell me what else you can occupy the thought other than their marriage.
- Not everyone afford to have romance.

No comments: